3 Ways to Practice Effective Imagining
A large number of research studies are ongoing to discover the amazing potential of visualization. The results so far have been mind-boggling.
Visualization not only helps you stay motivated and focused on your goals, but it can also actually manifest your dreams and visions more quickly.
Conscious imagining can be practiced by anyone – even children – and doesn’t require any creative skills. In fact, it will enhance your creativity and bring out your inner creative genius.
There are three main ways to practice visualization. Each has the capacity to create the same result: making your goals and dreams a reality.
Method #1: State Akin To Sleep Imagination Meditation
This method is called meditation because it basically follows the same steps.
• Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed or distracted.
• Sit or lie down in a comfortable -position and close your eyes.
• Imagine your goal as vividly as you can. Create a scenario of your desired future as if you are already living it.
• Immerse yourself in the vision and engage all of your senses. Feel, smell, taste and hear everything around you.
• Visualize the people around you if any, conversations taking place, what you\re wearing and how wonderful you look. The more vivid and detailed your Imagery, the more effective the visualization
• More importantly, focus on how you feel as you rehearse your future vision. Let the wonderful feelings flood your body and bask in them.
• Immerse yourself totally in the visualization and quickly dismiss any distracting thoughts.
• When you are ready, bring yourself back to reality and open your eyes. Ideally, this type of meditation should last no less than 10 minutes. Feel free to extend it for as long as you want, however.
Method #2: Pintrest board
I used this tool when I manifested my dream home. In almost laser like focus I was able to detail all aspects of my home.
This tool involves creating a Pintrest board where you attach photos and images that reflect your goal.
• Scan and download photos from web images that speak to your specific goal or vision.
• Attach the photos to the board to form an inspiring collage.
• Add inspirational quotes or messages to yourself with colored markers.
• Embellish your vision board with short videos and other items of your choice.
• Look at your Pintrest vision board for at least five minutes every day or several times a day if you like.
• Again, let the images take you into the future of your dreams and fill you with positive emotions.
A Pintrest board is fun and easy to make. There are no limits to the size of the board, the number of images, positioning of the images or additional embellishments.
Let your creativity run wild and add whatever inspires and motivates you.
Method #3: Journaling.
If you love writing and are good with words, this could be the ideal visualization tool for you.
• Invest in a physical journal rather than doing this on your computer. Recording your vision in handwriting will help your brain process it and retain it more powerfully.
• Follow the same stems as in the visualization meditation but this time, you write it down.
• Describe the vision in great detail and use as many expressive words as you can.
• Describe your feelings in detail.
With a journal, you can create different visualizations around the same goal. Or, you can repeat the same visualization with different descriptions and reflections.
Whether it’s a trip to Egypt, a wedding, finding true love or running your own business, these tips can help you achieve any goal, big or small.
We all daydream about our future anyway, right? Why not do it consistently and properly to empower our minds to go beyond mere dreams?
Visualization is not about dreaming. It’s about transforming your dreams into reality!
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.