How To Induce The State Akin To Sleep
Table of Contents
We all know the importance of doing our imaginal sessions as Neville Instructs. There are however some who have written to me asking exactly how to induce the state akin to sleep.
They often complain how difficult they find it to sit still and quiet their minds, especially those who are new to the concept of conscious imagining.
If they attempt to do a session particularly in the middle of the day they find that their minds are far too active.
Well here’s a technique that I’ve applied with great success, so much so that after many years of conscious imagining it’s now become an integral part of my daily routine.
It’s a technique pioneered by the famous hypnotherapist Betty Erickson. She was the wife of Milton Erickson, and was an accomplished hypnotist in her own right. She often would invite her patients to use this method to improve their self hypnosis sessions.
If perhaps you find getting into the State Akin To Sleep difficult at first then this literally works like a dream! Pardon the pun.. It is essential to keep in mind that your success in imagining has a lot less to do with the method or technique you are employing than it has to do with you.
What I am about to share with you are just tools for you to practice with. You can employ any of the induction techniques that you like for quieting the mind, as long as it helps you to induce the State Akin To Sleep.
Of course, the best way to tell which method is best for you is to practice, and experiment. I will say how ever that the more often you practice, the quicker you’ll be able to induce the state akin to sleep.
So without further ado let’s dive in.
The Betty Erickson 3-2-1 Technique
She was said to use self-hypnosis throughout her life and her method, in particular, was the 3-2-1 Technique.
This involved going through things you see, hear, and feel three different times. The technique can be used to strengthen and sharpen your visualization skills, deviating your attention away from your thoughts.
- Already sitting or laying still in a comfortable chair or bed start with three things you can notice or see in the room: such as the wall, the fan, or the sunlight beaming through the windows. Give a little time to each one, say 15 seconds.
- Next, focus on three things you can hear. Things like the sound of your breathing,a bird right outside your window, or even the sound of the clock ticking. Same as before give a little time to each.
- Then focus on three things you can feel: like the warmth of the room,
the pressure of the chair at your back, or your clothes touching your skin.
- Now next round, you repeat the same process, except this time you only focus on two things you see, hear, and feel. Now, these could be the same things or different ones.
- Lastly, you should only focus on one thing you see, hear, and feel.
- Now, head back to the top and repeat steps 1-5, but this time, with your eyes closed.Yes you are now incorporating imagination into the process.
- By the time you complete the final cycle, you should be in the state akin to sleep and can then continue with your imaginary scene.
As I said before I found this method extremely effective in fact I think it was the third time I tried it I managed to get myself in an almost trance like state.
Guided Meditations To Induce The State Akin To Sleep
Another alternative method to induce the state akin to sleep is the use of guided meditations. I personally used them for many months in the early days of my practice and found them to be a very effective tool to get me in that desired state.
Fortunately as a response to numerous requests we have created a guided meditation that has been written specifically written to induce the State Akin To Sleep…then guiding you to the wish fulfilled scene.
Check out the resources section over at www.truecosmic.com for our How To Induce The State Akin To Sleep guided meditation.
In conclusion I will say that whichever methods you employ try to be consistent, not only in the methods but also the time of day that you do your practice.
The subconscious mind likes routine and it literally prepares your body for the session at that time. It’s just like when we program ourselves with a sleeping pattern. I know it’s seems farfetched but it’s true. Try practicing these methods and be prepared to be amazed.
If you have any other methods that you’ve employed to get in the sleepy state then please mention it in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you.
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.