How Visualization Rewires Your Brain
Understanding how visualization works will convince you to try it if you’ve never considered it before. If you’re already practicing visualization, understanding the process will motivate you to make it a top priority in your life for achieving goals.
It’s no coincidence that Neville Goddard put great emphasis on our imaginary sessions as a crucial part of the manifestation process.
He and the mystics understood that visualization works by rewiring your brain so that it helps you manifest your dreams and future success. This may be hard to digest rationally but the concept is backed by hard, rational science.
One famous study conducted by the Cleveland Clinic Foundation has made some astounding findings. The study was conducted on two groups of participants. The first group attended regular gym workouts to build muscle mass. The second group was asked to visualize the same workouts in their heads, step by step as if they were doing them physically.
The result was that both groups developed muscle mass. The group doing the “visual workouts gained about 13% muscle mass while the group that did them physically gained about 40%. The large gap in the percentages is not the point. The point is that visualization created physical, tangible results!
Let’s find out what makes visualization so amazing.
Consciousness includes a subconscious as well as a conscious part. The infinitely greater part of consciousness lies below the sphere of objective consciousness. The subconscious is the most important part of consciousness. The subconscious is what man is. The conscious is what a man knows.
Neville Goddard Prayer Art Of Believing.
Our thoughts and the subconscious mind
• The brain is divided into two parts, the conscious and the subconscious. We think and rationalize with our conscious brain.
• When we think about something repeatedly, it starts to become ingrained into our subconscious.
• The subconscious mind simply absorbs our thoughts and is unable to distinguish between good or bad, true or false, or real memories based on experience and imagined thoughts.
• The fact that the subconscious mind is unable to make these distinctions is the secret to effective visualization.
How rewiring takes place
• When we visualize or feel it real consistently, our thoughts about our goals and dreams start sinking into the subconscious.
• It is unable to detect that these are imagined thoughts and starts to take them seriously as things that have really happened to us.
• The brain then creates a memory or and experience’ of these imagined thoughts.
When you regularly practice conscious imagining or entering that wish fulfilled state, the brain starts working diligently. It works tirelessly to manifest the thoughts that it’s being fed repeatedly to your subconscious mind.
• It starts creating situations or circumstances in which these thoughts can manifest.
• It’s not magic. Your brain simply starts coming up with creative ideas and innovative ways for you to go experience your goal. It keeps you motivated and driven and ignites your determination, making you more productive and efficient.
• The positive emotions that rush through you as you visualize also motivate your brain and keep it fired up. This positive loop continues to grow stronger and your goals start to manifest.
Visualization and the subconscious
The subconscious mind understands thoughts and is able to process and manifest them. However, images and pictures have a more powerful impact on the rewiring process.
This is why visualization in the state akin to sleep is so effective. When you visualize your future success as a present fact, you load your subconscious with visual images with vivid detail that help it retain them faster and more strongly.
Understanding visualization means understanding the power of the subconscious mind. The untapped potential of this wonderful organ is huge. And the impact of visualization is nothing short of amazing.
Visualization is a form of dreaming but to your subconscious it’s very real. Arm your brain with this amazing tool and watch it create real magic in your life.
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. MEANING I GET A COMMISSION IF YOU PURCHASE THROUGH MY LINKS, AT NO COST TO YOU. READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.